Monday 6 October 2014

USA Beauty Haul Part One


Well, where to start.


Firstly my laptop decided to break on me *new screen* hence the lack of beauty posts.

Anyways, I've been to Orlando & Las Vegas and what a beauty girls dream! It's so frustrating that the US have more products then the UK. Colours, sizes, products. The poor bf had to keep dragging me away from Walgreen's & Sephora every time I'd slowly walk by or go in again and remind myself what I wanted to buy although, I have draw falls already.

Whilst I was in Orlando, Walgreen's was amazing for high street brands with those hidden gems we so long to have in the UK. 

I wish I could write about all the products on here in one go, but it would take forever! Like most beauty bloggers I have come across us girls love lip products, glossy, matte or just a rescue product for when our lips are a bit sore, our draws are full of them correct? 

I've not yet purchased the original Maybelline Baby Lips in the UK, so my review is fully on these 

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue 2 pack - Walgreens $7.99 - approx £4.50
' Quickly Soothes, Provides Relief, 12hr Hydration '

The difference with the Dr. Rescue there is  0.5% of menthol injected in the balms to instantly give relief with sore lips. Me, I like any menthol products. Even if you don't have sore lips the balm gives a tingle feeling (means more plumber lips) 

The two colours I picked up were 'Pink Me Up'  & 'Just Peachy'








  
'Pink Me Up' - is a delicate pink shade although in a swatch the colour doesn't come out strong (4 coates) on the lips the colour comes out clear.

'Just Peachy' -Golden rich tone, comes out lovely on the lips exactly how it comes out on a swatch.




The texture isn't as creamy as i'd like it along with the lasting on the lips. Tested it out and exactly 4 minutes it has lasted on. 




Cons of Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm 

  • The methanol smell might be a turn off for few. I personally love it!
  • Very poor staying power. Lasts for only a few minutes at the max on my lips. Reapplication is a pain to me!
  • This particular shade is too pale on my lips!
  • Wish it came with an SPF, does not provide protection.
  • Tint is very sheer.
Overall the product isn't a must have, but it may work for others. Think i'll purchase the original. 
2/10

No comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *