Sunday 3 February 2013

Goldilocks & Tara Smith



“She was the most beautiful creature on Earth - her hair said so in that language only hair can speak.” 




When it comes to our hair it should be the most important thing we take pride in, monthly cuts, daily washes and re vamping our style or two a few times a year. For me, I have never had my hair dyed in 24 years and have not had it cut in over a year and why you might ask? I have always been a bit cautious about dying my hair and the monthly upkeep on keeping it perfect but I am very happy with the natural colour, and having it cut well let’s just say I wanted to see how long I can grow it before actually giving up before thinking it may be time to have a new change. It’s length now is around 24inch (reaching right down to my lower back) the up keep of making sure my hair continues to be healthy is always a challenge!

If you don’t Tara Smith you will definitely know about her soon,  ‘Established as one of the leading hairstylists in the industry, Tara works with the many of the most respected names in Hollywood. In addition to film collaborations, Tara’s talents are in demand to create influential and iconic red carpet looks for high profile celebrities attending international prestige events’


Her current launch of Vegan hair is au natural free of any harsh chemicals combined with her COMMITMENT to ethical vegan standards to reduce negative environmental impact and exclude all forms of cruelty to animals TOGETHER is what DRIVES Tara to conceive and develop each and every product in her evolving and exciting new range.
My mission today was trying out two products from her range:



Gorgeously Gentle Shampoo - A kind and gentle shampoo, with naturally derived ingredients to calm and soothe the scalp. With Soy Protein to lubricate, panthenol to strengthen, and bisabolol and aloe vera to calm the skin. All Tara Smith products are fully vegan; free from any animal derived ingredients and are not tested on animals.
Working Curls Conditioner – Combats harsh fizz and contains naturally derived ingredients to strengthen curly hair.

My verdict:  Generously Gentle Shampoo has a lovely great zest of lemon and only needing a little product to lava into the head it really does make my hair feel more alive especially as with the tingles in my head I definitely knew the product was already working.  The Conditioner WOW! With natural curly hair combating the fizz is hard we can’t all afford a 24 hour stylist to make sure a single hair does won't come out of place. The conditioner has a rather minty smell to it, which for me was strong as I felt my eyes watering but after drying and styling my hair I could see a difference of the tameness of my hair it wasn’t as fizzy as it normally would be and overall a product I would invest in again. The price of £10 is acceptable when you think how much Treseme and Herbal Essence cost in the supermarkets.  If you have wild curly hair like myself I would high recommend this product and you know it won’t affect the piggy-bank at all!
Stockist: Marks & Spencers

1 comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *