Monday 4 February 2013

The Love Of Body Butters......





The undergoing conquest for the perfect body lotion / body butter is always a never ending process.  I never really knew the importance of why we are told to use it until I researched a little deeper on to why. I won’t bore you with scientific facts but it is worth a Google, but here’s a fact: it is great for hydrating and for firming our skin.

So what one do you purchase? Do we look at the price, the brand, the smell or the texture? There are so many things to consider when buying a beauty product that seems to be like all the rest. Putting these things aside what do we want to accomplish with our product? Smooth, sultry skin!
Having a hefty price of creams does have its benefits when looking into the hundreds, but if we can’t afford those,  drugstores certainly do have a range that will satisfy your body.



Eeny, meeny, miny, moe what cream do I use first?
The creams in this picture are products that have been lying around my bathroom depending on the mood I am in. A cream depending on the mood I am in, well yes.

Nip & Fab – body butters are deliciously oozed with great flavors (Cherry Tart & Pistachio) which apparently is very similar to Laura Mercier cream! The lotions are quickly absorbed and great for a quick get up and go without standing around waiting to dry. The smell lasts around 4 hours depending on your daily activity and body sweat but I did notice the hotter your temperature I got the more you I could smell the essence. For around the same price of £10 you aren't getting the same quality of the body shop butter of a deep moisturized skin. However, you are embarking on a product that will leave you skin glowing and feeling hydrated!

Kiehls - CREME DE CORPS. This product will ensure you receive the satisfaction your body deserves! I well and truly love using this moisturiser as it really enriches into my skin and funny enough I always have a good night sleep as well!   However... I found that the lotion moisturised longer than some other brands I had been using.  In fact, the more I used this lotion, the less I had to use later on. The longer I used this lotion, the nicer my skin started to look.  It was then that I had an epiphany.  Perhaps spending a little more for quality £27 for the 250ml bottle is worth it compared to spending less money just for quantity. As with the Kiehl's Creme de Corps I found a little goes a long way. This lotion is very moisturizing.  Since my skin is very dry, it "drinks in" any lotion quite fast, so your results may vary, but I found this lotion to absorb quickly and moisturize efficiently in a short amount of time.

What are your favourite body butters or lotions?

No comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *